Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{ Angel in Heaven }

 Today 13 year ago heaven received another angel. My Dad passed away on this day and we miss him so very much. I had a battle with prostate cancer which he fought for 4 years before God called him to heaven. I know he is still here with us watching us I just wish I could talk to him and ask him for advice when I need it.I do have so many wonderful memories and I was a  lucky to have him as my father and I could have not asked anyone else cause he was a good man and a wonderful husband to my Mom which she misses him all the time.Most of all he was and is the best Dad ever! I know some day I will see him again but until then I will cherish the memories of him and he Will always be in my heart!

Love you Dad!


The Gift
 
I will never say goodbye to you my Father
because I know this is not the end for us to see each other.
You will only be going to a place where there’s no pain nor suffering.
I am happy for you, for you will be with God.
For now we need to go in separate ways.
I remember how your arms hold me and give me strength.
You were always there to listen, love, and defend me in everything.
You were my very best friend.
In my triumphs you were always proud.
I’m very grateful and proud to call you my dad.
Here deep inside my heart you’ll always be.
I would give up everything I have just to hug you one more time.
I remember the last time I hold you’re hand and how you looked at me in the eyes.
If only I could turn back the time I would have never let you go.
I felt the world stops and my heart stop beating when they told me you’re gone…….
How I wish I was only dreaming.
Just like the rain; tears fell down from my eyes, I couldn’t speak for a while.
Thank you Dad….
for always understanding, listening, caring, and loving me for the rest of your life.
The greatest gift God gave me was YOU…….. My Dad…
It’s difficult to let you go but I must…
I must return the gift God gave me…
Till then;
See you in Heaven………






Poem by
 
 Have a wondeful day and thanks again for visiting!

 post signature


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Joe I'm so sorry for your Dad. I know he wil be proud of you! Keep the goed moments in your heart.
Sorry for my terrible english.

Unknown said...

Joe I'm so sorry for your Dad. I know he wil be proud of you! Keep the goed moments in your heart.
Sorry for my terrible english.

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful words Joe. He will be the proudest Dad. Aren't you both SO alike. He will always be with you.xx

I know the feeling about just wanting to talk. I lost my Dad 12 months ago.. it's all the little things.. your words were comforting to me, thank you for sharing.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Gez

Totem said...

May his memory be eternal. It doesn't matter how many years ago you lost someone because it feels just like yesterday. I always ask my grandfather for 'signs' when I go to Disneyland. The last time I was there I was sitting at that Sky Cellar in Adventure resting and this mentally ill teen ran up to me out of nowhere and said, "The father's gone, but he's still around!" And before that he popped into my mind while I was leaving the park and I told him to leave me a sign in the parking lot and I stepped on/found a heart locket outside of my car door on the floor. I'm going to have to start scrapping all of my signs. :) That was a beautiful poem!

Ladybug said...

OMG, that was simply beautiful, Joe. I'm writing this thru teary eyes. I miss my Daddy very much, too.

I'll have to revisit your blog some other time, as I can't write or even see right now because of my tears.

I know we'll see our Dads in heaven and that's what keeps me going.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...