Wednesday, February 20, 2013

{ A Sad Time }


 Yesterday was a sad day for us; we had to make one of the hardest decision ever. We had to have my oldest dog put down and her name was Lulu. Here are couple of photos of her in her younger years and one with Dolly who is no longer with us either. This is my oldest dog Lulu she is over 18 years old and is no longer able to stand up and it's hard for her to walk without falling and falling. Her back legs could no long hold her up. The last week or so it was getting worse but she tried so hard to keep going and the last 3 days was the hardest because we had to help her up every time she fell.  

 She had a good and long life with us and this is the last of the group the old gals I called them. It was Chula she was 17 1/2 Dolly was almost 19 when we had to put them down. I know they are waiting in heaven for Lulu and they will all be together in a happy place!  My Mom and myself took her and both cried as we sad our good byes to her and letting her know we all love her and that this was the best way for her not to suffer and struggle any more. As my vet gave her the medication to relax her she was out in like 20 seconds because she was so thin and frail it affected her faster. I held her wrapped in her blanket and me and my Mom sat with her holding for a while trying not to cry and we talked to her and told her will never forget her and we love her. Then my vet gave her the finale injection and she left us peacefully in a deep sleep. She went quietly in my arms like a baby!

We are having her cremated and I am going to make her a very special container to store her ashes. I wanted to make her something special made with love. I will have to make it before next week when we have to go pick up her ashes.

 Now she can be happy and run and play in a better palace and I hope she thinks of us and never forgets that we loved her with all of our hearts! We will miss you my Lulu and we will always love you and you will be in our hearts forever!
 We love you Lulu your family Xoxo




Here is the last photo I took of her last ride in the car.



 I want to thank everyone for all the kind condolences on my FB and texts sent to me I really appriciate them and I also want to thank a friend for sending me this wonderful poem and I want to share it with you.

Rainbow Bridge

 Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

 When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...




Thanks again for visiting!
post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Joe, it will hurt for a while, its always difficult to make that kind of decision .. think of the joy she brought you and the laughter you had with her .... Peace n Love
Mark x

Krafthead said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby! She had a long loving life. Remember the good times with her as I am sure you will. Take care, Kenya~

Art From The heart said...

I am sooooooo deeply sorry for your loss.
We have been through that several times and it's always devastating.
Love and hugs to you,all our fur babies will meet over the bridge.

Unknown said...

Joe I'm so sorry for your loss. The beautiful memories are in your heart.
Hugs from Holland Angelika

Barbara said...

Joe im crying as im reading this post brings back so many memories of my stray cat that I took in and loved her till the end.I hope you know she is standing walking and running now on her own.Im so so sorry about your loss sending hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...